MD Open Digs
What are MD Open Digs?
- Metal Detectives Open Digs are dig days that are open to members and non-members.
- The open dig fee for members is £15-£20 for the day and to non-members at a cost of £20-£25 for the day.
- Any open digs will be advertised on this page when they are arranged.
Why do you do open digs?
- We pride ourselves on the unique elements that we implement into the Metal Detectives Group which includes:-
- our finds reports
- the regular new sites with historic culture
- and a limited number of attendees on digs
Over the past few years we have had a large influx of people wanting to join - therefore we had to make a waiting list (as our priority has to be our current members).
As soon as someone decides not to renew we are then able to offer a place to a new member.
Due to this we discussed what we could do. We didn't want to keep refusing people and making them wait to join, but at the same time we didn't want to become a group with thousands of members and hundreds of attendees coming on every dig.
We decided by doing open digs, that would be available to everyone (members and non-members). Hopefully this would then help those who are not members and find it difficult to have somewhere to go detecting.